变体精灵 是一个远程 敏捷 英雄， that has many flexible abilities and item builds and is leveled as a very strong hard 核心. He relies strongly on his attributes, and is an effective ganker. Unlike other agility carries who rely on physical attacks, he relies on his powerful abilities to initiate and shift into a state from which he can make a kill. 波浪形态 lets him surge directly forward to a location, damaging enemies on his path, working both as a nuke or an escape. 变体攻击 is an interesting scaling ability that blasts enemies with magical water while also 眩晕ning, knocking back, and dealing damage. Its power is based on either 敏捷 or 力量. Morph allows him to edit his physical being, switching it from Agility or Strength, transforming him into a strong damage dealer or a 肉盾. His 终极技能, 复制, creates a copy of either an ally or an enemy. At will, he can take on the place of that Replicate and instantly surprise enemies.
Morphling is typically played as a hard carry, and like many other hard carries, works best in team compositions which give him the space and time needed to farm key items. He also functions as a solo lane support hero, who specializes in stunning single targets from long ranges.
Morphling typically enters the game with a sensitive laning phase. His short auto attack range and extremely low base damage require him to morph early points into agility early on to keep up in last hits, leaving him fragile for the first few levels. As he gains levels, however, his Waveform evolves into a potent area-of-effect nuke which can easily grab him kills to accelerate his farm. Additionally, early points in Morph Agility/Strength allow him escape out of danger so long he has mana or isn't silenced.
In order to transition to the mid-game safely, however, Morphling requires a significant amount of mana and mana regeneration to keep up. All four of his spells are demanding on mana, but a healthy supply of it will allow him to escape, gank, split push, and adapt to all manners of fighting with impunity. This is typically why Linken's Sphere is a strong item to pick up on him. He benefits from the stats it provides and Perseverance gives him early game sustenance. The spell block is invaluable; the strongest silences and hexes in the game are instant and targeted, giving him enough reaction time to Morph Replicate out of very dangerous situations. However, an early Bottle and good use of Morph Replicate and Boots of Travel can provide sustainability and a huge amount of mobility to farm faster. This is especially powerful when paired with Keeper of the Light, who can supply mana and Recall Morphling around the map.
Carry Morphling typically transitions into the mid-game in two primary ways. The first is through the Shotgun build, where one can purchase an Ethereal Blade. In combination with Adaptive Strike, this allows him to shut down fragile targets with ease, especially in games where the enemy team are often separated. The second is a more defensive, farming oriented build with Manta Style, which allows him to split push and dispel debuffs with ease. In the late game, Morphling has many options. With a full set of stat-heavy items, he boasts the strongest natural auto-attack speed and damage in the game, making items such as Satanic, Daedelus, and Monkey King Bar very profitable on him. He also makes incredible use of every stat on Eye of Skadi and Butterfly, two must-have late game items which allow him to go toe-to-toe with even the hardest of carries.
Despite his strengths as a scaling carry, Morphling is a difficult carry to play from behind. Waveform is an expensive spell and he has no in-built sustain to farm jungle creeps easily, and Adaptive Strike requires levels and items to become an effective nuke. In addition, his lack of multiple-target damage makes it difficult for him to join larger teamfights in the early or mid game. Careful consideration needs to be made when picking him into your team. For example, you can consider choosing magic-heavy team compositions to abuse his Ethereal Blade magic damage amplification, a split-push composition, or a composition which is heavy on initiation power so he can unload his damage without risk.
Support Morphling is a build which maxes Adaptive Strike early on to abuse a 4.25 second stun at 900 range. An Adaptive Strike with this power is unlocked as early as level 7, allowing Morphling to contribute as an extremely powerful early-game ganker. Because of this, a solo lane (typically offlane) suits support Morphling the best. The sooner he can attain his levels, the sooner he can disrupt other lanes. With some gold, support Morphling can build initiation items like Eul's Scepter of Divinity, Blink Dagger, Force Staff, Shadow Blade, and so on. In certain team compositions an early Aghanim's Scepter opens up an entirely new playstyle. Hybrid has a huge amount of uses. Purchasing Aghanim's Scepter allows Support Morphling to transition into more than a hero who stuns from long range, and is a good idea to pick up if you have extra gold around.
- The multiplier and stun values are not fixed. They adapt linearly in smooth intervals depending on the difference between Morphling's agility and strength.
- The values change with each % difference between agility and strength, even when it is just a minimal change.
- The multiplier and stun values also count bonus attributes, not only base attributes.
- When the current agility is 50% higher than the strength, the damage multiplier stops increasing and the stun duration stops decreasing.
- When the current strength is 50% higher than the agility, the damage multiplier stops decreasing and the stun duration stops increasing.
- The knock back uses the same rules as the stun, it stops decreasing when agility is 50% higher than strength, and stops increasing when strength is 50% higher.
- Checks Morphling's stats upon projectile impact.
- 复制品存在时，技能 复制 会暂时由技能#Morph Replicate替换。
- This also goes for replicates from an allied 拉比克 and his stolen Chronosphere.
- 对变体精灵而言， 阿哈利姆神杖，神杖在装备后不可丢弃。
- 装备 阿哈利姆神杖后才获得此技能。
- 混源体的技能机制与大魔导师的 Spell Steal机制相同，点我查看。
- The Hybrid can fully use any passive ability of the hero, if they can affect illusions. This includes passive ultimates.
- If a buff gets carried over to illusions upon creation (like most transformation spells), the Hybrid illusion gets it as well. This includes buffs from ultimates.
- The illusion's attributes mirror Morphling's base attributes. They are set upon cast and do not adapt dynamically. Attributes gained from Morphling's items do not affect the illusion.