- Refraction interrupts Templar Assassin's channeling spells upon cast.
- Places 2 buffs on Templar Assassin, named "Damage" and "Absorb". One buff grants instances of damage block and the other buff grants instances of bonus attack damage.
- The numbers of left instances are visible on the buff icons. The buffs and the visual effects of the ability are visible to everyone.
- Refraction - Damage buff
- The damage buff has a different icon than the absorb damage buff ().
- The bonus damage is added as raw attack damage bonus, which is visible in the HUD.
- Loses a bonus damage instance when the attack projectile successfully lands on the target. So when the attack is evaded, or disjointed, no instance is lost.
- An instance is not lost when attacking a friendly unit, but the attack still does bonus damage.
- When casting Refraction while an attack projectile is traveling, the projectile does not get the bonus damage, but still uses up one instance upon landing.
- Refraction - Absorb buff
- Fully negates damage, causing several on-damage effects to not trigger.
- Has a higher priority than Aphotic Shield and Living Armor, but lower than False Promise. However, it still loses a charge when combined with False Promise.
- Damage below 5 (after reductions) is completely ignored. It is neither blocked, nor wastes any block instances.
- Refraction negates all 3 damage types. It does not negate damage flagged as HP Removal.
- Meld interrupts Templar Assassin's channeling spells upon cast.
- The attack projectile out of Meld can be disjointed.
- Turns Templar Assassin instantly invisible and orders her to stop.
- Invisibility is lost upon reaching the cast point of spells or items, upon landing an attack, or upon moving or getting moved in any way.
- Turns Templar Assassin phased, so that other units may pass through her.
- Templar Assassin can pick up, drop or attack items without breaking the invisibility, considering she does not move while doing so. She also can turn without losing it.
- The next attack of Templar Assassin which connects with a unit applies the damage and armor reduction.
- This does not necessarily have to be the first attack out of Meld. If somehow a following attack hits another target first (e.g. it teleports away), the new target is affected instead.
- The armor reduction debuff does not stack with itself.
- Neither the bonus damage nor the armor reduction from Meld affect buildings.
- Meld's damage is independent from her attack damage and is applied as a separate instance.
- This means that Lanaya cannot lifesteal off the damage, it cannot crit, be reduced or amplified by e.g. Enfeeble or Empower and is not spilled by Psi Blades.
- Meld first applies Templar Assassin's actual attack damage, then the armor debuff and then the Meld damage.
- This means the leading attack's damage is not increased by the armor reduction, but the spell's own damage is.
- Psi Blades increases Templar Assassin's total attack range to 200/260/320/380.
- With no points in Psi Blades, Templar Assassin has an attack range of only 140, but still counts as a ranged hero.
- The spill range is based on the attack target's position, not on Templar Assassin's. So from max attack range, she can hit units up to 790/890/990/1090 range away.
- Spill damage is based on her attack damage after all reductions meaning that the spill damage can be increased by reducing the armor of the primary target as well as by increasing Templar Assassin's attack damage with attack modifiers like crits or bashes.
- Attack modifiers are only applied to the primary target.
- Templar Assassin's position is checked as the projectile hits the target, not upon launching.
- Psi Blades spill damage when attacking allies or wards.
- Spill damage hits invisible units.
- Psionic Traps do not prevent neutral creeps from spawning.
- The slow starts at 30% and increases by 0.5% in 0.1 second intervals, reaching the maximum slow 4 seconds after placing the trap.
- Psionic Traps do not slow upon getting destroyed.