Jah'rakal the Troll Warlord is a ranged Agility hero able to output mighty damage competitively at range and in melee. His Berserker's Rage gives him the unique ability to change his attack position from ranged to melee and back at will as the situation prefers. When in close combat, his stats are increased accordingly: he gains bonus armor, movement speed, health, reduced base attack time, and the ability to Bash. Not only does this greatly improve the Troll Warlord, but allows him to overpower most other carries, as well as permabash a target for extended amounts of time. The Troll Warlord is an axe specialist, using them in his unique Whirling Axes. Whirling Axes has two variations: the first is available to his ranged form wherein he throws five axes in a cone formation to damage and slow enemies down. The second is available to his melee form, unleashing axes around himself in a small radius to damage and blind nearby enemies. In keeping with his savage nature, Fervor builds up the Warlord's momentum. With each consecutive hit on the same target, he gains increased attack speed, up to a maximum of 6 stacks. His Ultimate, Battle Trance, increases the attack speed of all of his allies globally, making it useful both for teamfights and to shred towers down quickly. Notorious for his superbly fast attack speed that can be matched by few, Jah'rakal is truly a force to be reckoned with.
- The toggling of Berserker's Rage is not registered as a spell cast and thus does not proc any on-cast effects.
- Berserker's Rage does not interrupt Troll Warlord's channeling spells upon cast.
- When toggling off, all changes are reverted and he becomes a ranged unit again.
- Turns Troll Warlord into a melee unit with 128 attack range, meaning items treat him as such (e.g. 狂战斧, 圆盾).
- When toggling on while a ranged projectile is flying, it is treated as a melee attack by Battle Fury and 弗拉迪米尔的祭品.
- Berserker's Rage persists through Troll Warlord's death. If Berserker's Rage was active upon death, he respawns with it activated.
- The bash does not stack with other bashes. The bash from 碎颅锤 and 深渊之刃 is completely disabled for Troll Warlord.
- The chance to bash is determined by pseudo-random distribution.
- Troll Warlord can lifesteal off the damage dealt by his bash. However, it cannot crit or cleave.
- The bash damage can be reduced with e.g. Enfeeble or Static Link.
- The bash adds an average of 2/3/4/5 magical damage to every attack.
- Whirling Axes (Ranged) is only available when Berserker's Rage is toggled off.
- The axes travel at a speed of 1500.
- Spawns 5 axes which spread up to 25 degrees and affect units within 100 radius around them.
- Has no starting radius, the axes spawn at one point in front of Troll Warlord. So the total area is shaped like a cone.
- Can hit units up to 1045 range away (945 travel distance + 100 axes radius).
- Ranged Whirling Axes do not affect Roshan.
- Whirling Axes (Melee) is only available when Berserker's Rage is toggled on.
- Interrupts Troll Warlord's channeling spells upon cast.
- If Troll Warlord dies, the spell ends and the axes disappear.
- The axes always spawn towards east and west at Troll Warlord's position and rotate clock-wise.
- The axes travel at a speed of 1250 and move out at a speed of 233.33 until reaching the max distance in 1.5 seconds and then move back to Troll Warlord at the same speed.
- Only units within 100 range of an axe get damaged and blinded.
- Can hit units up to 450 range away (350 max spin radius + 100 axes radius).
- The visual effects of this spell are offset and do not reflect the actual currently affected area.
- Melee Whirling Axes do not affect Roshan.
- 树之祭祀 and 治疗药膏 give you basic health regeneration to stay in lane longer.
- 守护指环 provides a minor armor bonus, it also builds into a 天鹰之戒.
- 魔棒 helps against enemies that can spam spells, it later builds into 魔杖.
- 天鹰之戒 doubles your mana regen in early game.
- 相位鞋 help you to escape bad situations as well get close to enemies to take advantage of your more powerful melee form.
- 黑皇杖 is core on troll because Battle Trance only gives you 5 seconds to do crazy amounts of damage. Every second matters, and stuns and disables potentially make you unable to do anything for several seconds, costing you an important teamfight.
- 支配头盔 provides lifesteal which works well with your high attack speed. You can dominate a neutral creep with it to make soloing Roshan easier.
- Yasha because his base movement speed is high, this item is a good choice as it adds agility and even more movement speed. Upgrade it into either a 散夜对剑 for some durability and slow, or 幻影斧 for the illusions. Not only can Troll create illusions from Manta, but it can also dispel some debuffs when its active is activated.
- 影刃 offers cost effective attack speed and damage increases, strong initiation and mobility, and a mediocre escape.
- 支配头盔 can be upgraded into a 撒旦之邪力 which when coupled with Troll's passive attack speed buffs, can allow Troll to go from little to full health in only a few seconds, while it also provides a large strength buff.
- 代达罗斯之殇 gives your attacks a great deal of damage. Because he can reach the maximum attack speed with his ultimate and passive, he can focus on damage and get multiple Daedalus to crit more often and lifesteal even more.
- 金箍棒 can also be picked up to counter evasion against heroes such as 幻影刺客, and give a greater punch to your physical strikes including tower pushing. The mini bash can also help cancel spells/items that require channeling such as 回城卷轴.
- 蝴蝶 provides a massive agility and attack speed bonus as well as evasion. A good choice to continue to perma bash when your ultimate is over while the evasion combined with whirling axes makes you almost untouchable. The Flutter ability allows you to chase or escape.
- At level 25 without items and with 6 stacks of fervor and his ultimate Troll Warlord reaches 567/600 attack speed.
- Troll Warlord is faster in melee mode, making it easier to chase or escape from enemies. It also increases your health and armor, so switching to melee form whenever damage is received reduces the overall damage you take. On the other side, being in ranged form makes healing effects more effective, since the current health percentage stays the same when switching between melee and ranged.
- The melee and ranged versions of whirling Axes have separate cooldowns. Keep this in mind when in battle, so that you can output more damage with them.
- You can opt for the strategy to kill roshan early. Troll Warlord with HotD and Phase boots can easily kill Roshan thanks to his bash and high attack speed against single targets. In addition the use of a smoke may allow a sneaky Rosh.
- When your target enemy is starting to become harder to chase in melee form, keep in mind that you still have a Ranged form. Ranged Whirling Axes can aid in crippling them, so that you can revert back to melee form to finish them off.
- Augment Troll Warlord's power with damage-boosting items, since his power lies in his excellent attack speed.
- Because of its scaling boost to attack speed Fervor is usually leveled up last with 1 point at level 4 for tower pushing/roshan/beating on a single hero. Having your movespeed and bash duration higher will greatly benefit your survivability and chase, since Fervor is extremely good with even only 1 skill point. But keep in mind that since a recent update the first stack is always active.
- It's better to focus on one target rather than switching from one to another, since Fervor makes him more dangerous the more he attacks the same target with each blow.
- Attack speed items such as 加速手套 and 振奋宝石 allow you to build up Fervor more quickly, but do not scale well if you opt to max it early on.
- If you're 6-slotted, sell any attack speed items for higher damage items. With all skills levelled, Troll Warlord easily achieves his maximum attack speed, so items like 雷神之锤 are much less useful.
- 韧鼓 and 散夜对剑 are strong items coupled with the bonuses from Berserker's Rage, giving you even greater mobility to prevent kiting.
- 漩涡, 雷神之锤, 淬毒之珠 and 斯嘉蒂之眼 are the only few Unique Attack Modifiers that stack with the commonly opted HotD.
- 漩涡 is an excellent source of early-game and mid-game damage, but upgrading to a 雷神之锤 is discouraged as Troll Warlord hardly benefits from the 80 attack speed it provides. Instead of upgrading your 漩涡, sell it for higher damage items such as 代达罗斯之殇, 蝴蝶 or 金箍棒, or utility items such as 斯嘉蒂之眼, 黑皇杖 or 天堂之戟.
- Heroes who mainly auto-attack benefit greatly from Battle Trance. Try to draft at least one more hard hitting carry for your team to get the most out of it. If your team insists on picking four carries, Battle Trance can often be the saving grace for a horribly gold starved team as it equates to more than a free five second Hyperstone for everyone at its first level. Contently look at the map and use Battle Trance at any engagement of allies to give them an advantage. Check at the map at use your ultimate every time someone is fighting or pushing. Communicate with your team to know when exactly you need to activate your ultimate. Be sure to always have enough mana, buy a 王者之戒 to get more mana regen.
- Battle Trance can be used to help allies in many ways even if you are not there, as the effects are global, that is why Troll is often played mid to reach level 6 quickly (and do a fast Roshan at the same time). Whether you have someone pushing a tower such as 先知 or 狼人, if 虚空假面 has used Chronosphere, 军团指挥官 Duel or if 熊战士 is Roshing, heroes with high base damage but low attack speed like 小小, be sure to help your friends by using your Ultimate!
- Battle Trance does not buff Illusions, but it does work on 米波 and his clones allowing to reach the highest DPS of the game. Because Meepo is excellent at pouncing on enemies, he can generally obliterate anyone instantly once he blink/poofs in under the effects of Battle Trance. He can use Troll's ultimate to destroy buildings in backdoor.
- With the bonus attack speed when Troll Warlord is picked, some heroes can focuses on damages 代达罗斯之殇 or 金箍棒 instead of attack speed.
- Jah'rakal's lore and certain dialogue lines make several references to Internet trolls, a type of identity or role assumed by certain Internet users.
- Troll Warlord's alternate name in DotA was Cory Clark a nod to the famous internet troll.
- Battle Trance's 播放 sound effect is based on 播放 this and 播放 this line combined.
- Applies blind on the target.
- Can be set on Auto-Cast
- When set on Auto-Cast, Troll Warlord will automatically cast this spell on the closest enemy unit which does not have the Blind debuff on already
- Only casts it on enemies which attack Troll Warlord or his allies. Does cast it on neutral creeps when they are not aggroed.
- Auto-Cast cannot interrupt Troll Warlord's current order and cannot occur while channeling a spell.