Slark the Nightcrawler is a melee agility hero that utilises his abilities to spring onto enemy heroes and slip out unhindered. He is a very mobile ganker, but remains attribute-wise below most other carries unless he is able to steal away attributes with his abilities. Once he does, though, only a few heroes can hope to be as fearsome as the Nightcrawler - extremely mobile to the point of ever-presence; his strikes only hitting harder and faster.
Slark can quickly leap forward onto enemies with Pounce to leash them and bind them from escaping. His Dark Pact releases a delayed purge that breaks even the most powerful disables. This gives him one of the most flexible abilities to start and end fights in the game. He is also capable of stealing attributes by attacking his victim to boost his own attack damage temporarily with Essence Shift which can rapidly shift engagements in his favor, even when merely performing hit-and-run maneuvers. Slark's ultimate, Shadow Dance, allows him to remain unseen even while attacking for a short duration and allows him to move quicker when not under the watch of enemy eyes to strike in and out of enemy ranks unhindered.
|斯拉克 —— 夜行者|
|播放 "If I'd known I'd end up here, I'd have stayed in Dark Reef Prison."|
|定位：||核心 / 逃生 / 控制 / 爆发|
|配音：||Tom Chantler (台词)|
- Dark Pact Interrupts Slark's channeling spells upon cast.
- Deals 7.5/15/22.5/30 damage within 325 radius in 0.1 second intervals, starting 1.5 seconds after cast.
- Slark himself takes 3.75/7.5/11.25/15 damage from Dark Pact in the same intervals.
- Applies a strong dispel on Slark in the same intervals, right after each of its damage instances.
- The self-inflicted damage can be reduced or amplified, but can never kill Slark.
- The visual effects and sounds during the 1.5 seconds delay is only visible and audible to allies.
- The visual effect of the damaging pulses are visible even when Slark is invisible.
- Dark Pact ends 2.5 seconds after cast, but ends instantly when Slark dies.
- Re-casting Dark Pact during the effect delay cancels the previous cast and starts a new one instead.
- Slark leaps forward at a speed of 933.33 for up to 0.75 seconds.
- Pounce disjoints projectiles upon cast.
- Always jumps for the full distance, unless an enemy hero gets within 95 radius of Slark during the jump.
- Can latch on enemy heroes up to 795 range away (700 max distance + 95 latch radius).
- Slark can turn, cast spells and use items during Pounce, but cannot attack.
- When latching on a unit, Slark is automatically ordered to attack the target.
- The more the leash gets stretched, the slower the affected unit can walk away from the center, eventually coming to a full stop. It directly affects the target's movement speed.
- When the leash expires while a position changing effect is ongoing, it instantly cancels the position changing effect.
- This goes for the following spells: 变体攻击
, 致盲之光 , 巨石冲击 , 暗影冲刺 , 超震声波 , 烈焰破击 , 原力法杖 , 地磁之握 , 巨力重击 , 狂风 , 发射钩爪 , 能量齿轮 , 原始咆哮 , 巨石翻滚 , 羁绊 , 伐木锯链 , 真空 and 海象神拳！
- Pounce destroys trees within 100 radius around Slark upon landing.
- Essence Shift steals attributes before attack damage is applied.
- Successive attacks do not refresh the duration of all stolen/lost attributes. Each stack has its own duration.
- The status buff and debuff icon show the number of current stacks and show the duration of the last stack.
- On each attack, the attacked hero loses 19 maximum health, 0.03 health regen, 0.14 armor, 1 attack speed, 13 maximum mana, 0.04 mana regen and 1 attack damage.
- The current health and mana percentages stay equal. Does not directly reduce current health and mana.
- On each attack, Slark gains 0.42 armor, 3 attack speed and 3 attack damage.
- Essence Shift cannot reduce any attribute below 0. However, Slark continues to gain agility, even when the attacked hero has no more attributes left to steal.
- When Slark dies, he loses all stolen attributes, but the affected enemies do not get theirs back, and vice versa.
- Shadow Dance interrupts Slark's channeling spells upon cast.
- Slark gains or loses the health regen and movement speed bonus 0.5 seconds after getting in or out of enemy vision, or casting Shadow Dance.
- If Slark is damaged by a neutral creep, the health regen and movement speed bonus are lost for 2 seconds.
- When casting Shadow Dance, he turns invisible and cannot be revealed by anything. However, the black cloud created is visible to enemies.
- When casting, Slark is guaranteed to regenerate 12%/20%/28% of his maximum health, if he does not get damaged by neutral creeps or is affected by 冰晶爆轰
or 虚妄之诺 .
- Restores health in form of health regeneration, so it regenerates 0.3%/0.5%/0.7% of max health in 0.1 second intervals.
- Can possibly restore 100% of Slark's health on its own within 34/20/15 seconds.
- Unlike other active forms of invisibility, Shadow Dance does not allow Slark to walk through units.
- Getting a 圆盾 early in the game allows Slark to sustain more harassment from enemies and stay in lane longer. It can later be built into a 穷鬼盾 from the side-shop.
- 治疗药膏 and Tangoes can help Slark regenerate his health without the need of returning to base.
- Two 铁树枝干es provide good stats and can be built into a 魔杖.
- 魔棒 can be crucial in many situations, giving a burst of mana and health when needed.
- 速度之靴 allow Slark to catch up to enemies and immobilize them with 突袭
- 穷鬼盾 gives Slark agility points, therefore increasing his last-hitting and denying in lane. It also saves Slark from harassment in lane.
- An 淬毒之珠 is a cheap but powerful item to slow enemies and inflict damage overtime, giving an advantage to Slark's early ganks. It can later be built into an 斯嘉蒂之眼.
- 动力鞋 gives Slark attack speed and a boost to attributes that can be switched to survive teamfights or give him enough mana to use one of his abilities.
- 魔杖 is an upgrade to 魔棒. Giving him more stats and opens up itemslots.
- 散夜对剑 works great in conjunction with Slark's skill set allowing him to easily chase and attack enemy heroes due to the passive maim. In addition to the slow, Sange and Yasha also provides additional move speed, attack speed, and a strength and agility boost to his attributes.
- 回城卷轴 can allow Slark to arrive at teamfights faster, or help him escape in a pinch. Consider holding onto one for most of the game.
- 韧鼓 provides Slark with attributes to improve his lackluster stat-growth while giving him extra movement speed and attack speed to help close the distance on foes. It can give him the early game advantage he needs to snowball.
- 黑皇杖's spell immunity offers proctection from magic damage in team fights.It can make him almost invulnerable while under the effect of 暗影之舞
- 蝴蝶 offers bonus attack speed, armor, damage, and Agility, and its evasion gives him more survivability against right-click damage. It can be activated to provide a movement speed boost that makes chasing or escaping easier.
- 弗拉迪米尔的祭品 can be built for some stats and an aura that provides buffs such as lifesteal, mana regeneration and more to you and your teammates.
- 斯嘉蒂之眼 grants Slark both incredible survivability and killing power. Its wealth of attributes provide Slark with HP, mana, armor, damage, and attack speed - all superb boosts to Slark's lackluster base attributes. Not to mention, its Unique Attack Modifier which slows enemies on-hit greatly helps Slark to stick to his targets. The effect also stacks with any lifesteal UAM.
- 影刃 provides a good source of attack speed and additional invisibility to improve your ability to gank and escape. It also synergizes very well with the passive part of 暗影之舞
giving him the hp-regeneration and movement speed buffs when he is not revealed by detection.
- 白银之锋 is a natural extension of 影刃 and can improve Slark's ganking capability even further with its Break and damage reduction. Keep it in mind when facing heroes with strong passive abilities such as 幻影刺客
's 模糊 and 恩赐解脱 or 魅惑魔女 's 不可侵犯 .
- 深渊之刃 is an extremely useful item on Slark that combines very well with Slark's high agility and attack speed, which can constantly proc bashes. It also provides him with extra attack damage and a strong active ability.
- 银月之晶 hugely increases Slark's attack speed, allowing him to steal large amounts of attributes in a short amount of time. As the game progresses, it can be consumed to free a itemslot and provide a permanent attack speed bonus.
is a great hero to match enemies with strong single target disables or damage skills such as 暗影萨满 , 水晶室女 , 莉娜 , or strong carriers that rely in right click damage such as 斯温 , 哈斯卡 and 巨魔战将 thanks his ultimate 暗影之舞 . However his Achilles's heel is in heroes with point target skills such as 帕吉 's 肉钩 that inflict damage and applies the hook effect even during 暗影之舞 and AOE ultimates such as 召唤飞弹 , 黑洞 and 两极反转 , this weakness is can be remedied buying a 黑皇杖
/ 白银之锋 is an often picked item for Slark, as it gives you another escape and immediately activates 暗影之舞 's passive, assuming the other team has no detection. Using Shadow Walk to sneak up to an enemy hero and hit for 175 bonus damage before pouncing is a good combo for taking down heroes faster. 白银之锋 makes this combo even stronger. 暗影之舞 can be used to make sure you are undetected as you move into position, however be careful, if the whole enemy team is missing while you going to gank, they might be waiting for you.
is almost a core on 斯拉克 because it suits well with his poor stat gain, also the passive Cold Attack helps you when chasing and ensure more 能量转移 hits.
is fairly unique in that he can excel in every lane, if up against the right heroes, and can even be played as a solo offlaner thanks to 突袭 .
is good for both chasing and escaping enemies. It can be used like a 闪烁匕首 to jump into, from, or through otherwise impassable terrain to great effect.
is a wonderful tool for purging the negative debuffs placed on him. When used at the right time, during the delay, the waves emitted from Slark will also remove the incoming debuffs about to be placed on him, allowing you to "dodge" or shorten their duration.
- Unlike most purges, 黑暗契约
can purge stuns from 斯拉克 - bear this in mind if you have been targeted by a slow moving projectile stun (such as 斯温 's 风暴之拳 or 炼金术士 's 不稳定化合物 ) and time your activation of 黑暗契约 to remove it as it strikes. With enough practice you can time it to almost completely nullify their usage.
also offers 斯拉克 a very interesting kind of advantage against certain defenses. The burst from 黑暗契约 is calculated as 10 attacks very quickly after another, meaning that 斯拉克 can use it against buffs like 活体护甲 , which offer protection but only defend against a set number of damage instances before disappearing.
is a great way to finish off an invisible unit that has been leashed, as the AOE damage affects invisible prey.
- When being chased, try to get out of sight from the enemy, be it around trees, up hills, et cetera. The passive from 斯拉克
's ultimate will activate when out of enemy sight and give you a boost to move speed and HP regen for a short moment before sight is regained. This can be the difference between life and death.
- You can also use a 压制之刃
to cut off a tree and hide between the fog to regen your HP or take a shortcut, shortcuts can be made in the laning stage and before the battle begins.
- If timed right, 突袭
can be used to dodge some projectile spells such as 狙击手 's ultimate, as 斯拉克 is invulnerable during his jump (note that some disables can catch Slark mid-air, though no damage will be dealt).
- A helpful side effect of 暗影之舞
's passive is that 斯拉克 gains a weak form of detection. If you find that you've suddenly lost your movement speed and health regeneration bonuses while seemingly alone, it means one of three things. First, it can mean enemies are lurking around in the area that you can't see and you should be extra cautious- a gank may be incoming. Otherwise, if your enemies are all accounted for, it means the enemy has wards in the area, and you should let your team know this so they can react accordingly, or deward. Lastly, if 嗜血狂魔 has leveled his 嗜血渴望 , 斯拉克 's ultimate will be disabled while he has low health as it reveals Slark's location to his foes. This makes 嗜血狂魔 one of the most effective counters to Slark in the game. But building an 影之灵龛 can remedy this, as you can get a steady +400 health from each active in early levels, which assures you the ability to get "off the grid" and continue your ganks after level 6.
functions a bit differently from most carries - while a standard carry capitalizes on sustained damage, Slark can take on more of a hit-and-run approach. You can maximize his 能量转移 's duration by continually harassing and retreating. Go for the kill once you think you have enough damage and attack speed to take down enemy heroes. Slark's base attributes are average at best, although with enough stolen Agility and damage items he can keep up with hard carries such as 幻影刺客 and 狙击手 .
- Maximize 能量转移
's efficiency by taking objectives using his stolen attributes. After a large teamfight, it is not uncommon to find that Slark has stolen upwards of 50 agility, making quick work of untended towers or Roshan.
provides a cheap source of instant mana, as 暗影之舞 can easily regenerate the health cost when out of battle
- If played as a midlane hero however, a 魔瓶
can be a much better choice, healing you in combat situations and giving you mana when needed. 斯拉克 's passive speed boost from 暗影之舞 also means he can out rune control most midlane heroes easily.
offers all the mana regeneration you will ever need, bonus attack damage and speed, as well as the damage amplifying Silence ability. Together with 突袭 , it will lock down any target almost completely. Note, however, that this item choice does not supplement your naturally low health at all. 紫怨 is most useful against intelligence heroes that can easily burst-damage you down, such as 莉娜 , and heroes that can escape from 突袭 's leash, such as 敌法师 and 痛苦女王 .
- Against Physical Damage dealers, such as 幻影刺客
for example, a 幽魂权杖 works extremely well on Slark. 幽魂权杖 gives you an added escape mechanism early along with much needed attributes, and builds into 虚灵之刃 .
gives Slark a huge damage and attack speed boost, Some HP, Armour and Mana, and yet another nuke and slow that synergizes well with Slarks skill set. This is due to 虚灵之刃 's nuke damage coming from how much agility Slark has, and thanks to 能量转移 this can be an absolutely devastating amount of damage, especially if followed up by a 突袭 and 黑暗契约 . Note that Ethereal debuffed units take 40% additional magic damage, boosting the damage output from both of your other nukes. One might think this is counter intuitive, as 黑暗契约 deals self damage. However, if done correctly Slark can use 虚灵之刃 , time his 突袭 and 黑暗契约 so that Slark can do full extra magic damage to the ethereal unit, and then be able to physically attack the leashed unit for an almost guaranteed kill. 虚灵之刃 's Active can also be used to catch up to and/or finish off fleeing foes that are out of Slark's reach, as the nuke has a very long cast range.
serves as a dual purpose item for Slark, giving him a passive bash and a huge damage boost, while also providing some HP. Late game 碎颅锤 can be upgraded into an 深渊之刃 for even more damage and HP and a guaranteed stun that goes through spell immunity.
is a great item for 斯拉克 , allowing him to close distances to set up a well-timed 突袭 . It also greatly helps him escape sticky situations, due to the duration of 暗影之舞 being longer than 3 seconds, he can easily blink out towards safety.
- Avoid buying a blink dagger/Shadow Blade if you're far behind in terms of Total Gold/Exp of the enemy team. Keep in mind these items are designed to pick kills only if you have enough DPS.
- Slark's murloc heritage was completely removed in transition to Dota 2 to avoid copyright issues, since the murloc are an existing race in the Warcraft universe.
- Slark's response, 播放 "Met you once, cut you twice." is a reference to the carpentry phrase, "Measure twice, cut once."
- Slark's respawn line, 播放 "Griefer madness..." is a reference to the propaganda film, Reefer Madness. As well, a griefer is a role a player assumes while in a multiplayer game to deliberately irritate other players.
- Slark's weapon, a Shiv, is the traditional prison weapon and is a reference to his backstory.
- The set Deep Sea Scoundrel is a reference to Silence of the Lambs character Hannibal Lecter.
- Fixed 暗影之舞
not granting passive bonuses if affected by vision spells like [[|16px|link=斯拉达/旧的技能#Amplify Damage]] [[斯拉达/旧的技能#Amplify Damage|]] .
- Enabled 钢背兽
, 斯拉克 and 天怒法师 in Captain's Mode (Latest Version).
- Fixed ability giving 斯拉克 flying vision.
- Fixed ability granting passive bonuses to 斯拉克 illusions.
- Fixed an issue causing the ability's passive modifier to not update in the UI, despite being active.
- Fixed the ability continuing while 斯拉克 is dead.
- Fixed a number of incorrect spell interactions with the ability.
counters on both 斯拉克 and enemy heroes will show the total duration ( i.e. the time that the most recent stack will expire.)
- Fixed a number of horizontal movement ability interactions with 突袭
- Increased damage from 40/80/120/160 to 70/140/210/280.
- Rescaled cooldown from 12 on each level to 20/16/12/8.
- Increased max distance from 400/500/600/700 to 700 on each level.
- Increased health regeneration bonus from 2%/3%/4% to 3%/4%/5% of max health.
- Reduced passive bonuses activation delay from 0.7 to 0.5.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Increased 力量
from 1.0 to 1.8.
- Reduced 敏捷
gain from 2.0 to 1.5.
- Increased 智力
from 1.6 to 1.9.
- Fixed 黑暗契约
not removing 激光 debuff.
- No longer hits non-hero units.
- Increased latch radius from 85 to 95.
- Now leaps at a constant speed of 933.33, instead of needing 0.5 seconds for the whole distance on each level.
- Now reduces each stat by 1 on attacks, instead of primary attribute by 2 and others by 1.
- Reduced agility gained per attack from 4 to 3.
- Increased duration from 15/30/45/60 to 15/30/60/120.
- Now reduces 1 of each attribute on enemies permanently and Slark gains 3 agility if he kills a hero.
- Now deals the self damage in the same intervals as the damage after the effect delay, instead of all immediately upon cast.
- Reduced effect delay from 2 to 1.5.
- Increased debuff phase from 0.5 to 1 second.
- Still deals damage and debuffs Slark in 0.1 second intervals, but now over 1 second, instead of 0.5. Adjusted damage per interval to stay the same overall.
- Fixed some 黑暗契约
- The leash now gets removed if the target blinks or teleports away.
- Fixed Slark sometimes not attacking the leashed unit.
- Fixed being able to kill units under the effect of 薄葬
- Fixed Essence Shift sometimes not registering attacks at high attack speed.
- Fixed being able to kill units under the effect of 薄葬
passive movement speed and regen are now disabled by 末日 .
- , Murlocs, the race Slark belongs to in DotA1.