暗影恶魔 is a menacing and dangerous Intelligence Hero who is most powerful in the early game for his strong set of spells. Disruption will take an enemy out of the fight and make them face themselves, Soul Catcher can curse his victim with vulnerability, and his Shadow Poison can harass any unfortunate foe he encounters. Demonic Purge, his Ultimate is his key to a successful kill, he greatly slows down his fleeing victim and removes all buffs of his enemies, crippling and weakening them. His spells also serve as a great support for his allies as well as a great way to gank. With a great start, he can become a strong late game caster.
Shadow Demon is recommended for intermediate to advanced players due to the timing of Disruption being crucial (hiding from DoT or delaying burst damage) and as well actually hindering your teammates (interrupting a fellow Juggernaut's Omnislash or a Magic Missile). `
- When the target turns invisible during Disruption, the visual effects turn invisible as well.
- Always creates the illusions, even when cast on allies or self.
- The targeted unit's position is not shuffled with the possible illusion's position. It always reappears between the 2 illusions.
- The illusions carry the targeted unit's player name, not the caster's name, revealing that they are illusions when not cast on self.
- Can be cast on illusions, creating illusions based on the original hero.
- When the targeted unit dies during Disruption, no illusions are created.
- The -disablehelp command prevents an allied Shadow Demon from casting this spell on you.
- Upon cast, a random enemy unit within the targeted area receives a debuff, which causes them to take increased damage.
- There are no unit priorities. A unit is selected completely random.
- Can place the debuff on invisible units, and on units under the effect of the most recent Disruption cast by Shadow Demon.
- Amplifies all 3 damage types.
- Shadow Poison travels at a speed of 1000 and always travels the full distance, which takes 1.5 seconds.
- Can hit units up to 1690 range away (1500 travel distance + 190 effect radius).
- Fully affects invisible units and units under the effect of the most recent Disruption cast by Shadow Demon.
- Fully ignores other invulnerable units.
- Deals the initial damage instantly and adds 1 stack to all enemy units within 190 radius of it on each cast.
- Successive hits on the same units fully refresh the whole stack's duration.
- The first 5 stacks multiply the stack damage by 1/2/4/8/16 depending on the amount of stacks, up to five.
- Every following stack adds 50 damage on top of that, so the damage starts growing linearly after the 5th stack.
- So this is how much damage 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 stacks can deal on each level (ignoring the 50 initial damage):
- Level 1: 20/40/80/160/320/370/420/470 damage
- Level 2: 35/70/140/280/560/610/660/710 damage
- Level 3: 50/100/200/400/800/850/900/950 damage
- Level 4: 65/130/260/520/1040/1090/1140/1190 damage
- The current number of stacks is visible to Shadow Demon and his allies above the affected units. Enemies cannot see it.
- This number is visually capped at 19, however, the poison has no stack limit and can be stacked infinitely.
- The current number of stacks is also shown on the debuff icon, which is visible to everyone.
- The projectile provides 200 radius flying vision as it travels. This vision does not last.
- Applies a basic dispel on the target upon cast. The damage is applied at the end of the duration.
- The debuffs from multiple casts work fully independent from each other.
- The damage can affect a unit under the effect of the most recent Disruption cast by Shadow Demon.
- Can be cast on couriers, dispelling their spell immunity and phase buff, so its damage at the end is applied.
- The slow decreases over 5/3/2 intervals, meaning it decreases every 1/1.66/2.5 seconds.
- This is how much Demonic Purge slows on each interval and level:
- Level 1: 100%/80%/60%/40%/20%
- Level 2: 100%/66.66%/33.33%
- Level 3: 100%/50%
- When cast on non-hero units, it ensnares the target for the initial 3 seconds, fully preventing it from moving.
- The slow is still applied to them. So after the ensnare, they are slowed for the remaining 2 seconds like heroes.
- Treats creep-heroes as heroes.
Mana in the form of arcane boots and other int boosting items are necessary only if you plan on using Shadow Poison largely, otherwise any other form of boots will usually suffice, even un-upgraded, but Boots of Travel are always useful for assisting allies elsewhere in the map.
Dagon works well with in conjunction with Soul Catcher, but it's recommended to leave it at level 1 to invest in other support items afterwards.Support items like Pipe, Shiva's, Necronomicon, Mekansm, Eul's, and Scythe of Vyse are helpful no matter the hero, but in particular, Eul's can synergize with Disruption to extend the length of the effect. Necronomicon's summons can be used to deal extra damage on a hero affected by Soul Catcher.
- If you are facing a hero with a strong orb effect like Anti-Mage in the lane, use Disruption on them often and force them to flee from the illusions.
- Disruption can save you or teammates from incoming damage and spells.