- The spikes travel at a speed of 2000 ( 3000), reaching max range in 0.175/0.225/0.275/0.325 ( 0.233/0.3/0.366/0.433) seconds.
- Sand King is moved instantly towards the targeted point once the spikes reach it.
- When targeting a unit, Sand King chases the target until it is within range and casts Burrowstrike towards its direction.
- The spikes still do not home the target, thus can be evaded. Targeting a unit only determines the direction upon cast.
- Hit units are knocked up 350 range for the initial 0.52 seconds of the stun.
- The damage is applied upon landing, not upon getting hit.
- The burrowing and reappearing takes 0.53 seconds from the moment the spell is cast, during which Sand King cannot do anything.
- The spikes do not travel the full distance, when targeting closer than its max distance.
- Unlike other channeling spells, certain items which do not cancel channeling spells (e.g. 希瓦之守护) do cancel Sand Storm.
- Invisibility and sand cloud are instantly dispelled when Sand King attacks, casts a spell or uses an item.
- When Sand Storm gets canceled by disables or manually by Sand King, the sand cloud and invisibility remain for 1.5 seconds.
- However, the area damage over time instantly stops.
- When Sand King gets moved by non-canceling forced movement, the sand cloud does not move along, but the area damage does.
- The sand cloud's position updates upon recasting the spell when recasting it while still channeling the previous cast.
- Sand Storm deals 12.5/25/37.5/50 damage in 0.5 second intervals, starting immediately, resulting in a total of 100 instances.
- Can deal up to 1250/2500/3750/5000 damage to a single unit (before reductions) if it stays in range for the whole duration.
- Successive attacks on the same target neither stack the debuff, nor do they refresh its duration.
- Sand King does not have to do the last hit. When a unit dies in any way with the debuff on, it causes the area damage and slow.
- When the debuff expires without the unit dying, 50% of the explosion damage and the slow are applied within the radius around it.
- The slow from multiple explosions does not stack, only the duration gets refreshed.
- When interrupted during the channeling, the spell does nothing, cooldown and mana are wasted.
- If the channeling was successful the damage pulses cannot be interrupted anymore, not even by Sand King's death.
- Sand King can act freely during the damage pulses.
- The pulse radii are all centered at Sand King's current location, not at the cast location.
- When Sand King dies after having finished channeling, the pulses still continue from where he died.
- The pulses happen in 0.5/0.375/0.3 second intervals, starting 0.5/0.375/0.3 seconds after the channeling finishes.
- This means it takes 3 seconds for the spell to release all pulses after the initial delay.
- Can deal up to 660/880/1100 damage to a single unit when all pulses hit (before reductions).
- The slow is applied to enemies on each pulse. Multiple instances of the slow on a unit do not stack, but refresh the duration.
- Can slow a single unit for up to 6 seconds (3 seconds of pulses + 3 second debuff duration).