Leviathan the Tidehunter is a melee strength hero who is formidable due to his uncommonly tough hide and his ocean spells that sweep enemies upward. He can be played as a support or as an offlane hero whose greatest strengths lie in being able to take heavy amounts of damage in the early game and the disabling powers of his spells.
Though he does not deal especially high damage at any point in the game, his spells can have a devastating effect on the enemy without expending much mana. He is able to send forth a spray of water to slow down the enemy retreat and his outrageous ultimate, Ravage, throttles enemies in a massive area around him. The durability of his Kraken Shell allows him to shrug off damage for absurd survivability against low damage attacks. Tidehunter's ability to shrug off damage and his enormous strength gain makes him very durable, and the power of his spells means he is a tank the enemy very much needs to target.
- Gush's projectile travels at a speed of 4000 and can be disjointed.
- When upgraded, Gush releases a big wave, instead of a single target projectile. The wave always travels its full distance.
- When targeting a unit, the wave is released towards its direction on cast. However, it does not home the target.
- The wave travels at a speed 1500, instead of 4000 like the nonupgraded projectile.
- The wave can hit units up to 2040 range away (1800 travel distance + 240 radius).
- The wave fully affects invisible enemies and enemies inside the Fog of War.
- The wave does not provide any vision.
- The second sound is used by the wave.
- The damage reduction is always on and is not connected to the damage threshold for debuff removal.
- Does not reduce physical damage from spells, except from The Swarm.
- Only damage from player owned sources (after reductions) is counted towards debuff removal.
- Damage counter for debuff removal resets when Tidehunter does not take player based damage for 6 seconds.
- A debuff removal proc is indicated by a sound effect and water particles on Tidehunter's skin.
- The tentacles travel at a speed of 775.
- Hit units are knocked up 350 range for the initial 0.5 seconds of the stun.
- The damage is applied upon landing, not upon getting hit.
- Ravage's effect is caused by a 250 units wide ring, which expands around the cast location at the given speed.
- This means units within 250 radius upon cast are hit instantly.
- The ring takes exactly 1 second to cover the remaining distance.
- It also means that it is possible to evade the effects by blinking inside the expanding ring shortly after cast.