通常可以在回光返照触发前击杀亚巴顿。 通常可以在回光返照触发前击杀亚巴顿。 也可以使用 来避免亚巴顿手动释放回光返照。 僵尸可以触发回光返照，但不会造成很多的伤害治疗亚巴顿。 可以有效降低亚巴顿的坦度. 可以使用 来浪费回光返照的持续时间。 's superior intelligence and intelligence steal from can easily set Abaddon up for an easy , which could kill Abaddon before Borrowed Time triggers. If it does trigger, he can continue stealing your intelligence during your ultimate, dropping it down to 0 eventually. will be happy to attack you during Borrowed Time as will make him stronger and stronger even while he heals you. has no tools to catch Slark. can use to kill Abaddon instantly even if he has Borrowed Time active. will make Abaddon unable to use Mist Coil, Aphotic Shield, and the active component of Borrowed Time, which means his allies could be easily disabled or killed. When Doom obtains an , the situation becomes worse, lengthening the duration while additionally disabling Curse of Avernus and Borrowed Time's passive component (Borrowed Time can't be triggered at all).
- Passive component of
prevents Abaddon from healing during Borrowed Time. with an will use to disable Curse of Avernus and the passive component of Borrowed Time. If this is combined with a silence, Borrowed Time will not trigger at all.
- Even without
, he can still waste Borrowed Time with Disruption.
- Heroes that have long silences, such as
and , will prevent Abaddon from saving his allies effectively and disable the active component of Borrowed Time. might not kill Abaddon with his nuke, but a support will struggle to protect an ally from him.
and make a supporting Abaddon useless at crucial moments. can be used to waste time on Borrowed Time. disables Curse of Avernus and Borrowed Time's passive component. When used in combination with , , or another silence, Borrowed Time will not trigger at all. and can kill Abddon before he uses Borrowed Time, forcing him to cast it manually.
will continuously heal Abaddon under Borrowed Time, and cannot be turned off. can be instantly dispelled by Aphotic Shield. and can be instantly dispelled by Aphotic Shield. , , and can all instantly dispelled by Aphotic Shield. will continuously heal Abaddon under Borrowed Time. can be instantly dispelled by Aphotic Shield.
- Aphotic Shield makes it less likely for allies to be killed by mines.
- Because they explode in very short intervals, a stack of
will always trigger Borrowed Time, making them impossible to kill Abaddon unless his resistances are lowered enough or Abaddon is affected by Break.
- Abaddon can easily dispel the long-lasting root of
on himself and on an ally, while at the same also providing protection against the other mines' damage.
is used on Abaddon, Abaddon can use Borrowed Time and easily heal for the duration of Borrowed Time by just moving.
- If he isn't silenced, Abaddon can use Borrowed Time to escape
during the delay.
- In general, heroes that deal burst in multiple instances will trigger Borrowed Time and heal Abaddon for a large amount, like
, , , , or .
- Heroes that deal damage over time will also fail to bring down Abaddon and his allies like
, , or .
- By simply using Aphotic Shield, Abaddon can easily save his allies from Heroes that apply long disables like
's and 's have a 0.25 second delay before the damage is dealt. An Abaddon with a fast reaction time can avoid the damage by using Borrowed Time as long as Abaddon isn't silenced.
- Abaddon's constant heals and protection can save himself and his allies from burst-focused Heroes like
, , and .
- Aphotic Shield makes Storm Spirit even tankier during initiations, and the explosion adds damage to his ability combos during single hero ganks.
- Phantom Assassin can easily burst down a target with the explosion damage from Aphotic Shield, and will grealty benefit from Curse of Avernus's attack speed boost.
- Mist Coil will cover Io's health loss as
is actived. Also, the tethered unit will have increased healing factor.
- Being one of his counters, Axe also works really well with Abaddon. Abaddon can effectively protect Axe with Mist Coil and Aphotic Shield as Axe blinks into the enemies lines, and
can make a great combo with Aphotic Shield, as units are forced to attack Axe, making it easy for the shield explode.
- Curse of Avernus can greatly assist pushing towers and other structures, making Abaddon work well with Heroes like
- In general, any hero that blinks into enemies lines will benefit greatly from Aphotic Shield.
- Any Hero with a heal can work with Abaddon to make a team very hard to kill.
- Abaddon's saves can enable squishy heroes like
and in teamfights.
- Heroes with high armor will get the most value out of Mist Coil and Aphotic Shield.
- Heroes that are normally kited with slows or disables like
will benefit greatly from Aphotic Shield and Curse of Avernus.