shuts down Timbersaw completely, negating his mobility and preventing him from doing any damage. It also breaks Reactive Armor's passive bonuses. can stun Timbersaw several times in a fight, potentially interrupting Timber Chain. prevents usage of Timber Chain.
- Timbersaw is vulnerable to magical burst damage, which Ember Spirit provides with
- Timbersaw's skills mostly deal pure damage, thus they cannot remove
. is similar to a long duration silence, making Timbersaw useless in team fights, or forcing him to adapt his build. negates Timbersaw's burst damage. provides magical damage and lock down, and is effective against both Reactive Armor and Timber Chain.
- In conjunction with
's magical damage, can destroy Timbersaw before he has time to react, and creates a large obstacle that obstruct's Timber Chain's mobility. can prevent Timbersaw from using both Timber Chain and Chakram due to the frequent stuns interrupting the lengthy cast animations, as well as stopping him mid-chain. This can negate Timbersaw's attempts to escape or dole out extra ability damage.
- Later in the game, Invoker's heavy magical and pure damage can be difficult to avoid, meaning Timbersaw's armor is less useful.
is a potent magic damage nuke in the early game. While it can be often predicted and avoided, it is still a pain for Timbersaw to deal with during the laning stage. is easily one of the best spells for dealing with Timbersaw, as it will often cause Timbersaw to quickly run out of mana and be stunned when using Timber Chain. effectively negates Timbersaw's large HP pool as well as HP regen. together with health and mana regeneration from killed creeps helps Necrophos and his teammates survive Timbersaw's burst damage.
- As a tanky hero that stays in the middle of teamfights, Timbersaw is an easy target for
. deals constant pure damage, which bypasses Timbersaw's Reactive Armor. can hit targets inside , which helps Outworld Devourer finish off Timbersaw before he escapes with Timber Chain. It can also drain his mana, limiting his ability to escape should he survive. can punish Timbersaw, as Timbersaw is a spell-caster with low cooldowns. Furthermore, Timbersaw usually appears in the midst of battle, placing himself in range of 's Mana Flares.
- Timbersaw has no stuns or silences to stop
. Since all of Pugna's Spells is magical, the damage can be devastating to Timbersaw, especially when combined with
- Skywrath Mage's long range and low cooldown magic damage spells can easily harass Timbersaw out of lane.
is not only a long lasting silence, (one of Timbersaw's biggest weaknesses) but it also makes him even more vulnerable to magical burst damage. deals repeated stacks of damage to Timbersaw because he relies on constantly using his abilities. deals pure damage and when cast manually, nearby creeps will not attack silencer, making it an effective harassment tool.
takes a while to trigger, it will break Timbersaw's ability combo and can be used to silence him. will silence Timberaw no matter where he is on the map. This can be used to help allies get a kill on him, or prevent Timbersaw from killing someone. makes Storm Spirit a target difficult to chase, even for a hero as mobile as Timbersaw.
- The magical damage from
and together with Storm Spirit's high mobility allows Storm Spirit to jump on Timbersaw and burst him down, even if he tries to escape.
- Zeus deals enormous amounts of magic damage, being one of the best heroes to burst down Timbersaw early in the game.
's mini-stun can stop Timbersaw's from escaping a fight with Timber Chain.
- Timbersaws tend to build health increasing items, making Zeus'
deal huge amounts of damage.
- In general, Timbersaw struggles against highly mobile heroes that can avoid his abilities:
, , and others.
- Timbersaw has a difficult time against magic or pure damage dealers that can't be avoided, such as
, , , and others.
- Skills that counter Timbersaw's mobility can also be pretty useful against him such as
- Timbersaw needs to spam his skills to stay effective. Any kind of silence, such as
, , , and many others are extremely effective against him unless he itemizes for countering them.
's silence negates Timbersaw's mobility and damage. This can also be upgraded into a to help punch through his high armor. is a good pickup for carries, as none of his abilities go through Avatar. is an effective way of silencing Timbersaw, as its cast time is instantaneous and difficult to be reacted against. drains Timbersaw's mana, negating nearly all of his strengths by removing his abilities. breaks Reactive Armor's passive bonuses, preventing Timbersaw from building up stacks. Note that this will not remove any stacks that he has already obtained. 's mana burn makes Timbersaw run out of fuel relatively quickly, but can also make him accidentally kill himself from the Necronomicon Warrior's Last Will.
- Spiderlings deal almost no damage against Reactive armor. They also die quickly from Timbersaw's AoE abilities.
- Broodmother has no mobility ability except the movement speed buff from
, allowing Timbersaw to easily escape her with Timber Chain.
- Timbersaw's tree-cutting abilities makes it difficult for Broodmother makes it difficult for Broodmother to hide, especially near the edges of the map.
- Reactive Armor helps Timbersaw to endure the damage from
- Timbersaw's large amount of pure damage AoE nukes clears Chaos Knight's illusions quickly, drastically reducing his damage.
- Timbersaw's AoE abilities easily clear up Chen's creep army.
- Timber Chain allows Timbersaw to escape from most of Chen's creep disables.
- Attacks from multiple creeps quickly build Timbersaw's armor stacks.
- Timbersaw's skills are mostly pure damage, meaning Meepo's innate magic resistance is nearly worthless.
- Because multiple Meepos tend to clump up, they present an easy target for Timbersaw's many AoE abilities.
- Timbersaw can easily cut down the tree that Monkey King is standing on, stunning him for a lengthy period.
- Timbersaw can use Timber Chain to easily escape
and 's slow.
- Timbersaw can easily cut down trees from
, making it very difficult for Nature's Prophet to teleport away or trap enemies.
- Timbersaw's abilities quickly clear out treants.
- Reactive Armor negates most of the damage of Nature's Prophet's treants, and Timbersaw can often allow himself to be attacked in order to heal himself.
- Reactive Armor helps Timbersaw sustain harassment from
, as well as ganking attempts.
- Phantom Assassin is a hero with moderate HP pool, and usually appears in the front line of battle. Because
does nothing against spells, she is vulnerable to Timbersaw's skills.
- On the other hand, Phantom Assassin can dodge Timbersaw's spells with
with good timing. Also she can focus down squishy support first, then fire back on Timbersaw.
- Phantom Lancer's lack of burst damage and constant attacks will increase Reactive Armor to max level immediately. Coupled with Timber Chain making escaping from crowds easy, it is almost impossible for Timbersaw to be killed by Phantom Lancer.
- Whirling Death and Chakram can instantly destroy large groups of illusions, negating Phantom Lancer's advantage.
- Every single one of Timbersaw's abilities is not targeted, meaning Razor's Lua错误 模块:Ability_ID的第61行：无法找到"不稳定电流"的Cargo数据
will have little to no effect.
- Razor deals mostly physical damage towards the later game, and Timbersaw is also very mobile, making him a difficult kill to earn.
- Timbersaw rarely resorts to autoattacks, thus does not suffer when his damage is stolen with
- Timbersaw can use Chakram as a scouting tool to find Slark if he tries to
into the trees.
- None of Timbersaw's abilities require a target to be cast, allowing him to hit Slark inside
- Reactive Armor can be effective protection against a Slark who attacks quickly, since the strong armor and health regen cannot be stolen by
- Timber Chain breaks
's leash. It also makes Timbersaw very mobile, meaning he is among they very few heroes who can actually give chase to a fleeing Slark.
- Timbersaw can use his plethora of tree cutting abilitiesto level entire sections of the forest, making hiding in the trees more difficult for Treant Protector and his team.
- Timbersaw can easily cut down Treant Protector's
once his team has detection. He may even do it unknowingly due to the sheer destructive and chaotic nature of his abilities.
- Whirling Death's primary attribute reduction is extremely potent against strength heroes, as it will reduce their maximum health for a considerable duration, and can even stack with itself.
- Reactive Armor makes Timbersaw very effective against heroes that control a lot of units, such as
, and .
- Timbersaw's ability to destroy trees can be a serious problem for some heroes that use them, as either a way of enhancing their spells like
, or heroes that tend to hide inside of them like and .
- Bounty Hunter's scouting abilities helps Timbersaw avoid and prepare for ganks.
can enrich Timbersaw in the early to mid-game, when his ganking and fighting potential is high.
- Crystal Maiden's abilities slow enemies and helps Timbersaw land his abilities.
is one of the best abilities to set up an easy kill if Timbersaw is around. helps meet Timbersaw's mana demands early on, making his laning stage much easier.
- Chakram's slow keeps enemies inside Enigma's
on a few enemies followed by Timbersaw's combo usually spells a clean team wipe. is an excellent ability for clustering and setting up the enemy team for a Timbersaw burst combo.
- Chakram's slow makes it easier for
to hit enemies.
- Chakram can deal a huge amount of damage if used on enemies trapped inside
- Timbersaw really likes it when his enemies are stunned or ensnared, as that makes Chakram's damage over time more effective and landing his combo much more easy. Heroes like
, , , and are very useful.
- Timbersaw uses a lot of mana throughout the whole game, so heroes and items that provide him mana are appreciated.
help a lot, and heroes like and makes Timbersaw's early game much easier. and can cover one of Timbersaw's biggest weakness of being vulnerable to strong magic damage and disables, potentially making him a nearly unstoppable monster in a teamfight.
is negated in effectiveness and can risk stunning because of 's tree-destroying spells.
- Use of
and become much more limited because of 's tree-destroying spells.