- Tinker is fragile and vulnerable against carries like Anti-Mage also,
burns away his mana pool and deals bonus physical damage.
- Tinker's massive mana pool makes
deal a large amount of damage.
- All of his skills are useful against Tinker
can catch Tinker who loves solo pushing. purges Tinker's buffs and slows him. makes Flux more effective. Kill Tinker with with Double Blade Mail.
- Physical or Magical Arc Warden both make Tinker's escape hard. Even if he has
- Because he has
as a core item, he farms faster than Tinker.
- Double Last Will also get benefit from March of the Machines. Until Tinker has
or , he will die.
- Clockwerk can easily catch a split pushing Tinker with his
and prevent him from escaping with and .
- He can find Tinker with his
- Clockwerk usually buys a
which does lots of damage to Tinker if you get hit by his abilities (especially ).
- Tinker is heavily reliant on casting his spells and
can disable all of his four active abilities and all of his items. Especially with Scepter, Tinker has to countdown his death and revive time. can dispel 's blind while providing great attack speed and health regeneration.
- Once caught in a
, Tinker who completely relies on his spells to be effective stands little chance of survival with his low health pool and armor. will dispel 's blind and turns him magic immune for the duration so Tinker cannot damage him. will quickly bring down Tinker due to being so fragile.
- Luna can easily prevent Tinker from escaping with
or with .
- Luna can also quickly tear Tinker to shreds with
as soon as he jumps in with .
- Night Stalker can easily find Tinker in the trees during
. 's mini-stun and silence will stop Rearm and while also preventing Tinker from fighting back.
- His whole skillset act like a counter to Tinker:
prevents Tinker from blinding Nyx Assassin or fighting back, while giving Nyx' allies time to catch up to Tinker's position. generally deals more damage to intelligence based heroes like Tinker can stun Tinker from a distance because of March of the Machines allows approaching Tinker in the trees or waiting for him in common hiding spots and dealing heavy damage to his low armor
- He can
a Tinker hiding in the trees and follow it up with and for an easy solo kill, as Tinker doesn't tend to buy survivability items.
- His innate magic resistance and huge HP pool from
makes it hard for Tinker to deal serious damage to Pudge. will force Tinker not to cast any spells and if not, he will take more damage. deals pure damage and makes quick work of fragile Tinker. causes Tinker to get silenced for 6 seconds after casting a spell. will prevent Tinker to use his spells in team fights, which makes him useless.
shutdown Tinker's escape every way except in the case that he has invisible item like or base item.
- Mostly Slark build bash item or slow item so he can kill Tinker with little injury.
, , , , make him tanky enough for kill Tinker alone.
- He can easily catch Tinker in the trees with
and kill him with and his abilities, all of which deal much damage to Tinker.
- Faceless Void's
make Tinker unable to act and easy to be targeted first.
- Illusion heroes, such as
, , , ,
can reflect a lot of damage back to Tinker, especially while using prevents Tinker from using and his targeted items. makes all of Tinker's spells and items useless, because they are all magical and don't penetrate spell immunity. reflects his spells and items back onto himself. makes laser miss useless
- Tinker can deal a great amount of damage against Shadow Fiend's low health in the early game while using a good combination of
and . can also make Shadow Fiend miss a lot of last hits, disabling .
can make Faceless Void totally useless especially if Tinker can stay outside of and make him miss all his attacks
- Faceless Void's
can't affect Tinker's as he can have his abilities without cooldown thanks to , even if his abilities are already affected by
- Any hero with a low HP pool is easy for Tinker to nuke down:
, , , , , , , , .
- Faceless Void's
provides a great setup for Tinkers spells. allows Tinker to teleport out of base and get recalled as soon as he's in danger.
- Nature can use his
to jump around with tinker. Imagine the push.
- Tinker can teleport onto Spirit Breaker during
with and gank heroes. can help Tinker finish off foes after his , , , combo by providing vision when enemies are at low health.
can help tinker stay in pushes without teleportation back to fountain.