- Anti-Mage has higher mobility from
, allowing him to deal with the while it is split-pushing.
- Arc Warden has an above-average mana pool but little mana regeneration, which Anti-Mage can take advantage of with
- Arc Warden tends to build
. With , Anti-Mage can easily deal with the Necronomicon's summons, and Anti-Mage will take minimal damage from due to .
- Magnetic Field is useless against melee heroes. So Anti-Mage still can attack without miss.
- Manta Style cancels Flux.
- Bristleback(Passive) works frequently while he escapes from a Necronomicon army of Arc Warden.
- Arc Warden has little armor, and has very low mobility each of which making arc warden very susceptiable to the damage from quill spray and stacks of nasal goo.
- Flux is useless against Meepo who always has a fellow Meepo nearby with Divided We Stand.
- Without Black King Bar, Earthbind and Poof finish Arc Warden before he has time to react.
- Magnetic Field is useless against melee heroes.
- Meepo has high magical resistance so he can Poof on top of spark Wraith's or Arc Warden's Necronomicon warrior units without too much risk.
- Song of Siren stops him from acting and her illusions can push better than him because Mirror Image has longer duration.
- Arc Warden does not often build radiance which useful for illusion and counter illusion pushes.
- His Smoke Screen prevents Arc Warden from initiating or helping his team.
- Trick of the trade is wider enough to damage low mobility hero.
- However, if Arc Warden buys Necronomicon(s) he may reveal Riki without spending gold on Sentry Wards, Dust of appearance or a Gem of True Sight.
- Diffusal Blade drains Arc Warden mana fast, meaning the lockdown that arc warden will offer later on will be null and void if Arc Warden doesn't have a Mjollnir active available.
- Doppelganger purges Flux.
- Chaos Knight is literally Zet's absolute nightmare. First, Flux can be negated since Nessaj usually builds
- Magnetic Field cannot save Arc Warden from CK. Since CK is a melee hero, he can easily enter the field, negating the evasion. Another way is that, CK can use
to pull him out from Magnetic Field, rendering Zet helpless.
- CK is also tanky mid to late game, since he will almost always build
and , so Spark Wraith is like a tickle to him.
can make a short work of Zet, since his illusions deal 100% damage. Combined with Rift and a lucky 4 second stun from Chaos Bolt, and also critical from Chaos Strike, Arc Warden is pretty much dead meat in the face of Chaos Knight's armies.
- Diffusal Blade cut Arc Warden mana so he and his double lessen ability in fighting. And it can also purge off flux.
- Abyssal Blade.
- Monkey King Bar.
- Black King Bar makes magical Arc Warden useless. Note that he can still be a heavy physical carry, making Black King Bar useless later on.
- Lotus Orb reflects all his item using back to himself.
- If Arc Warden builds Necronomicon Bounty Hunter can be revealed from invisibility aswell as doing high amounts of damage to Bounty Hunter's low base HP pool.
- Bounty hunter often roams alone, meaning he will take the full effect from flux, making it easy to land a Spark Wraith. And due to Bounty Hunter's low HP pool this is often enough to kill him.
- Tempest Double can break Chain Frost combo
- If Arc Warden builds Necronomicon Warrior's 'Last Will' will reflect damage back to Lich.
- Tinker struggles to fight both Arc Warden and his double later in the game due to the two sources of lockdown.
- Arc Warden could build Blade Mail and reflect March of the Machines, with Tempest Double and himself.
- Last Will from Necronomicon Warrior is good pair with Blade Mail to kill Tinker without attacking, but make sure that Tinker doesn't have Black King Bar or Scepter of Divinity to negates damage.
- Ancient Apparition often travels alone to get a good
and has very few defences against summons, like your Tempest double or Necronomicon, making him a juicy target. is very effective against heroes traveling alone.
- The high split-push potential of Arc Warden can punish Ancient Apparition very heavily, since he is not built to push waves or defend against summons.
- Necronomicon reveals her while Meld.
- Flux wastes Templar Assassin's Refraction until she has Black King Bar or Manta Style.
- Spark Wraith can be used to bully a Melding Templar Assassin.
- If Arc Warden builds Necronomicon he can reveal Mirana's team while Moonlight Shadow is active.
- Mirana's Scepter Starstorm can accidentally kill a Necronomicon Warrior which can lead to her death if she hasn't built a Black King Bar.
- Arc Warden can use his summon to prevents Sacred Arrow to himself or his allies.
- Mirana often doesn't build armor items so usually can't stand against a late game Arc Warden.
- Tempest Double and Arc Warden's high attack range kill Supernova much faster than usual.
- Phoenix is very weak against pushers, especially those like Arc Warden who can kill him easily, as his skillset works best in teamfights.
- Techies's Land Mine is useful against Arc Warden until Arc Warden has level 6, After that Techies's bomb's are useless for defending if Arc Warden has Necronomicon to scout ahead before his team pushes.
- Crystal Maiden is same as Sand King when it comes to spark wraiths forcing you to move out of channel.
- Nyx Assassin is another solo hero who is single target focused. His Vendetta maybe useful for surprising arc warden, but if Arc Wardem builds Necronomicon the Nyx Assassin can be caught off guard from the true sight. Also with Necronomicon since Spiked Carapace stuns back from each source. Arc Warden can't die from Nyx's reflection.
- Arc Warden has double the benefit from Drow Rangers Precision Aura, giving him a huge boost of damage.
- There is high pushing potential with Magnetic Field and Precision Aura.
- Tempest Double can help Terrorblade push the lane whilst the actual Arc Warden is in a different place.
- There is high pushing potential with Magnetic Field and Metamorphosis Terrorblade, note that magnetic field does not work on illusions.
- Flux can help Pudge land his Meat Hook.
- Spark Wraith traps can be laid down where Pudge can hook unsuspecting enemies to, much like the combination of Techies and Pudge.
- Note: The same mechanic can be abused by many other heroes besides Pudge, he is just a very common example.
- Miranas' arrow can hold someone still while Arc Warden nukes them down.
- Fortune's End can be used to hold a hero in place for a long period of time, allowing a spark wraith to form and land every time.
on Arc Warden and his double is very effective early-game. Works well with . and also have some synergy. also applies a 100% slow, in case Flux is muted by allies or neutrals. does somewhat buff the heavy magic damage coming from Spark Wraiths and Flux. Two fluxes cast by both clones do stack, increasing the damage.
- A global
can certainly help any hero with pick-off potential, like Arc Warden.
- Any Disable or Nuker Carry heroes - Sven - Slark - Lina - Wraith King - Phantom Assassin (Even in game she isn't both type but her dagger it's kind of disable)