斯拉达, the 鱼人守卫, is a 近战 力量 英雄 who uses brute force, low cooldown spells, and high physical strength to bring his enemies to their knees. He excels and thrives in close combat situations, and has high mobility, strong initiation and ganking abilities, and good synergy between his abilities. 守卫冲刺 greatly increases Slardar's movement speed for a lengthy duration, and allows him to chase down heroes, and escape with ease. It does increase the damage Slardar takes, so it must be used with extreme caution. Guardian Sprint can be used to get right next to enemies so Slardar can use 鱼人碎击, which delivers an area of effect (AoE) stun to nearby enemies followed by a minor slow afterwards, all on a very low cooldown. This allows Slardar to take on multiple opponents simultaneously and deliver a potent initiation. 深海重击 serves as a strong steroid ability, occasionally locking enemies in place while Slardar whacks at them with impunity. Finally, his ultimate 侵蚀雾霭 is a great armor reduction modifier and allows him to reveal an enemy for its duration, making Slardar very potent against tanks and invisible heroes alike. It will also increase the damage dealt by his Crush and Bash, since they are physical. Although a strength hero, he has a high physical damage output, an agility gain and armor value, which rivals that of most agility heroes, allowing him to carry quite well if the situation calls for it. Chasing enemies relentlessly, pummeling them into the ground, and reducing their armor to shreds, Slardar is a fearsome opponent to face.
|+1000 夜间视野||20||30% 吸血|
|+25 攻击力||10||+8 生命恢复|
|定位：||核心 耐久 先手 控制 逃生|
|玩法风格：||More suited to the comforts of the lightless ocean canyons, Slardar surfaces only to scout, and to track down those who have thieved from the Sunken Treasury. Born under the immense pressure of the deep, he Guardian Sprints with one muscular tail, chasing down legged foes with alarming swiftness. Ever vigilant in his duties, Slardar casts a Corrosive Haze over hidden intruders, revealing their form and softening their armor. Once discovered, there was little time to react. Slardar smashes the ground with a Slithereen Crush, dazing nearby enemies just long enough to pulverize them with Bash of the Deep.|
- In DotA, Corrosive Haze was auto-castable.
- With the 7.00 gameplay update, three of Slardar's abilities have been renamed: 冲刺 to
, 重击 to , and 伤害加深 to .
- Slardar's voice line ▶️ "The last…of the old guard." is a quote by Viggo Tarasov to Marcus just before killing him in the movie John Wick (2014).
- Slardar's voice lines ▶️ "That is not dead that can eternal lie." and ▶️ "And with strange aeons even death may die." are direct quotes from H. P. Lovecraft's short story The Nameless City.
- Another Lovecraft story, The Shadow over Innsmouth is also referred several times in Slardar's backstory and voice files with mentions to "The Old Ones" and "The Deep Ones".
- Slardar's model is based on the Naga from the Warcraft franchise.