- Legion Commander is a good counter to hero like 混沌骑士, who use the power of illusions to destroy their enemy owing to the fact that Overwhelming Odds does extra damage to illusions. It can also potentially do a lot of damage to your entire team, especially if you are clumped up, as the more units there are, the more damage it does.
- Caustic Finale makes Phantasm and Manta illusion deal large damage to CK's team. If Sand King has Scepter, Burrowstrike is good for initiating with CK while he doesn't have Black King Bar.
- Epicenter instant destroy illusions.
- 殁境神蚀者, though he is a squishy target, is also quite good against Chaos Knight. Arcane Orb does a ton of extra damage to illusions, potentially wiping out your entire Phantasm army in a matter seconds.
- Outworld Devourer players also like to build 希瓦的守护, which is good against Chaos Knight, as it reduces the attack speed of both you and your illusions, while also providing decent armor to the bearer.
- Dragon Knight has huge amounts of armor thanks to
, which will greatly reduce the damage he takes from you and your army right clicks. If he's farmed enough, he will also make quick work of your clumped up army thanks to the splash attack of his .
- If you choose to Rift any other enemy than Jakiro, you just set yourself up for a perfect
and . will deal colossal amount of damage to your army, as will before you considerably tank up.
- The AOE damage reduction debuff of Anchor Smash, combined with
allows Tidehunter to shrug off your army in the early to mid game.
- Consider removing Kraken shell through purchase of a
will deal colossal amount of damage to your army, as will before you considerably tank up.
- The AOE stuns enabled by
will always slow down your illusions, since they can't have magic immunity.
- Consider removing Aftershock through purchase of a
with your army up sets you up for a . Though its damage is very moderate, he will follow with a and a .
- Combined with any melee carry, the cleave provided by
will crush your illusions for the entire game, provided he can get a good RP off.
- Although Ember Spirit will die in an instant, especially versus a CK, if you manage to catch him out, his
can potentially kill all your army at once, while dealing extra damage to your team if he has a or two.
- Sven's cast time is slightly better than CK's, so if you both run at each other, odds are he will get his
off first, also stunning your phantasm army if you clumped up.
- Sven can also provide a huge amount of armor to his team with
- And Sven can obviously cleave through your army with
, which is especially devastating since CK relies on his illusions to be effective.
- Equipped with an
, Pugna can all your illusions pretty quickly. If he's really good, he can also protect whoever you choose to with .
- Like Pugna, Lion can get rid of your army pretty quickly (though not as fast) with
and , perhaps even an upgraded .
- If he's not stunned when you Rift him, there's a chance he will accidentally stun you and your army with
- Like Pugna, Auroth can protect whomever you choose to Rift with the undispellable
- A good
can spell doom for you or an ally as you hit it with your own army.
- Any hero with built-in evasion is at least half decent since CK does not like to build
. Be careful not to focus too much on evasion as you may force him to get it eventually, countering your own strategy.
- Although you need AOE to deal with CK, CK has no AOE of his own, making any kind of summons and illusions rather good versus him. A
may cause him to waste a on an illusion.
- If CK has become too strong to fight through, consider split-pushing as he has little mobility besides his high movement speed. In these scenarios however, be careful not to lose your base solely against his
army as he can leave it behind while teleporting back to protect his own.
will considerably reduce the DPS of your illusions, both through attack speed loss and extra armor, while causing 400 damage to them. Don't rely too much on armor however as a farmed CK will always have enough physical DPS to go through any layer.
- Any item that requires a
is at least half decent since CK does not like to build . will provide a good tool versus his army. Bad CK players will often choose to wait it out since you could be surrounded by the army, instead of switching targets.
With a potential 4 second stun (on a low 10 second cooldown) and the highest physical DPS in the game, CK can be good against everything. Your problem will be to actually get the stun off and not be immediately focused by all the enemy team.
- Due to to Chaos Knight's high physical burst, he can kill Huskar almost instantly before he can properly utilize Berserker's Blood or Inner Vitality.
- Huskar must also be weary of jumping Chaos Knight with Life Break as CK can easily counter-initiate with Phantasm and Reality Rift. Furthermore, the stun from Chaos Bolt may be the only thing necessary to burst down Huskar before he can properly do anything.
- Undying needs time to build up strength with
, but he cannot steal strength from your illusions, and no amount of HP will keep him safe for long versus a well-farmed CK.
- CK naturally builds a
to purge off , and he can always use Phantasm before the fight begins.
- You can always use
to get behind the and attack the hero. Also the spirit bear will die quickly to your right clicks in the late game, possibly making the opponent afraid to split push with his bear.
- Phantasm Illusions can be used to push towers if you are afraid that Techies has lots of mines around. The Techies player might use up their Remote Mines, either accidentally by assuming the real hero is among the illusions, or are forced to do so to stop the push. Your team can then safely push knowing that most, if not all the Remote Mines are used up.
- The illusions can also remove all Land Mines from an area since the mines are triggered by any unit that walks near it.
- Phantasm or Manta Style purges Track.
- Bounty Hunter can't fight with many heroes so his illusions can make BH has wrong Track.
- Reality Rift may kill BH in a hit until he is clever enough to buy Black King Bar or Linken's Sphere.
- Any hero that wishes to man-fight the enemy carry 1v1, for example
, or . At equal farm levels, you cannot man fight through .
- A slight exception goes to
as the AOE miss chance from may allow him to man fight your entire army before you get a .
- Any hero that has little AOE to deal with your
, and that don't want to waste a precious spell on an illusion. , , to name a few.
- Squishy heroes are also easy pickings for CK, as a Reality Rift into his army of illusions will almost insta-kill such heroes. Examples of such heroes include
, , to name a couple more that fill different roles.
- Although they are opposites lore-wise, KotL is arguably CK's best lane partner. Initiate with
. Either the opponent will run away and be out of mana, in which case you can just harass them with right clicks with little fear of retaliation, or CK can follow up with , removing at least a bit of his mana anyway. solves all of CK's mana problems, enabling him to spam , which can serve as a good set-up for a charged up .
- Equipped with an
, the heal from during day time will help keep the army alive while it sieges a tower.
- Similar to KotL, CM's
helps CK survive sustain in the early game, and the cost and low cds of his spells ensures the aura stays relevant late game. and provide a decent set-up for CK's spells in lane.
- A 4 second
stun goes a long way to get a half decent going.
- The enemy team will have to be very well coordinated to deal with CK's army and an angry Huskar, as they have opposite weaknesses. CK is dealt with mostly with AOE magical damage, while you need strong single-target physical or pure damage to go through Huskar's
will create two extra illusions, almost as strong as your own Phantasm, to help you take down enemies and towers alike. It's also a good set-up to get up close and personal with slippery targets like who could otherwise easily dodge your stun.
- Any armor reduction considerably boosts CK's DPS, especially AOE abilities since a single target can die almost instantly anyway versus CK.
or to name a couple.
- Any hero that can make good use of
's stun. and to name a couple more.