- Because of his summons,
will heavily damage Lycan. will prevent Lycan from running away with Shapeshift when low health.
- Beastmaster's Primal Roar stops lycan for long period of time so he can get bursted down quickly.
will allow for early game ganks as players will typically be on low health during early game jungling. After purchases Morbid mask, the lifesteal allows him to stay above the threshold and remain undected. pierces through Black King Bar, thus will either heavily damage or prevent from ratting (Running away at first sight of danger).
- He can tank Lycan's damage and kill all his summons with his
s. is a real problem for Lycan, as even a Monkey King Bar will not prevent his summons from missing.
will kill Lycan's summons very fast. will allow 斯温 to tank of Lycan's damage, which is only physical. will damage and stun Lycan's summons too.
- All of 伐木机's spells deal AoE damage, killing Lycans summons very fast.
will gain stacks fast because of Lycans summons.
grants protection against his attacks with and his ultimate, is a massive AoE disarm and root that pierces magic immunity, causing troubles to . You will find yourself in need of an ally dispel or forced to pop for its dispel. 's insane high armor and splash damage can cause The Werewolf to struggle taking him down. has a blind, which causes the to miss its attacks, plus his will work well against your high movement speed while Shapeshifted 's prevents the user from taking physical damage. is 100% of a physical dealer.
is rather efficient against , as he lacks disables to stop a teleporting Hero from escaping.
- Or if he is Split-Pushing a lane, this might make him turn around. If not, stay in alert as he might dive.
is a good counter to auto-attacks, and heavily relies on them. return might cause the to stop attacking his victim. If not, will take loads of returned damage. , prevents the user from taking physical damage. is 100% of a physical dealer.
is made entirely of slows, which doesn't care when he shapeshifts ( ). has no in-built escape, being a good target for .
- Not only sending wolves to defuse
, he can catch up Techies and kill him before suicide. Even if the suicide is successful, can still survive because of his tankiness. is useless for melee heroes so can attack Zet without miss. doesn't affect that much, because grants slow immunity and because he is never alone.
been called, can kill Arc Warden before the double has expired.
- The Wolves speedy saute causes the Drow push back to be noneffective.
- She lacks escapes and is kinda fragile when someone is near her.
takes advantage of these weaknesses. 's ultimate makes him immune to slows from 's as well as allowing him to out manoeuvre during . can also easily chase down while shapeshifted, should try to flee.
- You can easily flay a squishy
, due to your high movement speed and his lack of escape.
- Once you get a
, squishy spellcasters like , and others will probably quit the game.
- Heroes with low armor and little mobility, like
, , etc. will also have calamitous fate.
increases the damage of 's spiderlings, increasing her pushing power.
is not typically played in the jungle, she will not impede on 's farm.
is a global ability, can push one lane while pushes another and both will benefit from howl.
- Nature's Prophet has great synergy with Lycan, for several reasons.
can drastically increase the damage output of his treants, making your (split-)pushes that much deadlier.
- Nature's Prophet is (like Lycan) a jungling and laning hero, so his absence while fighting Roshan is not a great concern for his teammates. Finally, the Prophet's ability to teleport directly into Roshan's pit is also useful for avoiding enemy wards (using
in Roshan's Pit with is advised, however, in order to remain undetected by said wards).
also work on Lycan's own minions.
- His own summons benefit from Lycan's Howl.
- Creeps enchanted with
benefit from Howl.
- Plenty of those creeps provide auras that strengthen Lycan and his minions.
- Lycan is a notable solo-pusher. If he over-stayed his welcome in the enemy's base, perhaps he can be kept alive with
- Perhaps your allies don't have any summons, but maybe they'll bring one in through purchase of a
. You might as well do it, but its rather situational, as rushes as his lifesteal. can purge and protect you against disables and nukes, making a replacement or just an early (you might buy it even if he is on your team to sum up more magic immunity time). , altought he cannot prevent disables, he follows the same traits as by dispelling disables and protecting against enemy damage. 's grealty amplifies the damage the enemies take from physical damage. is 100% of a physical dealer.