will proc the instant Spirit Breaker cast on him, also leaving the visual of a laser zapping Spirit Breaker. A Razor who has some semblance of attention will know Spirit Breaker is trying to charge him so he will back away. will also proc Unstable Current, purging Spirit Breaker of whatever buffs he has on him.
- Once Spirit Breaker is in the middle of a fight, he doesn't have any good method of escaping outside of
, making him an excellent target for .
- Meepo's Earthbind prevents/interrupts Charge of Darkness, while Geostrike heavily slows Barathrum and his extra movement speed useless, therefore blocking away any chance of escape.
- Lion's stun and Hex interrupt Darkness Charge and Nether Strike, and his Mana Drain quickly depletes Barathrums meager mana pool. To make matters worse, any good Lion will try to stick as close to any ally as possible, what is not exactly what Barathrum enjoys.
- Barathrum really should not engage Zet alone, as the hero in question can simply call forth his Tempest Double and stack two instances of Flux then quickly dispose of Barathrum.
- Rupture is a dangerous spell for Spirit Breaker as the damage dealt is in units traveled, thus effectively disabling the usage of Charge of darkness to escape. Blood Rite can also be used to break Nether Strike and to silence Barathrum.
- Clockwerk is the last hero you want to face 1 vs 1, as his Battery Assault will continously stop you from using Nether Strike and even Charge of Darkness, while his cogs will prevent escape on foot, since Bara will have trouble even hitting them due to his slow attack animation. A good Clockwerk can also Hookshoot Barathrum when he attempts to run with Charge of Darkness
- Underlord's Pit of Malice will stop Charge or Darkness or prevents SB use for his escape. Dark Rift is the good way to escape the charge.
- Bane spend his Nightmare to himself or SB if he qhick enough, Fiend's Grip is other way to stop SB and let Bane's allies kill him.
- Nyx Assassin has Spike Carapace for stunning Spirit Breaker if he is aimed. Because Black King Bar stop his charge so Nyx always survive from charge without Linken's Sphere.
- Riki and Puck who have hidden channeling cancel Charge of Darkness or avoid Nether Strike.
- Keeper of the Light's Mana leak is devastating to Spirit Breakers low mana pool and need for mobility
- Linken's Sphere prevent Charge of Darkness and Nether Strike.
- Lotus Orb reflects Charge of Darkness or Nether Strike but careful if Barathrum's ally is Bloodseeker, right rupture will Charge you to death.
- Abyssal Blade
- Scythe of Vyse interrupts Charge.
- Scepter of Divinity avoid Charge of Darkness or Nether Strike.
- Tinker's high mobility in late game can be easily countered with Charge of Darkness and his not so high HP makes Spirit Breaker the prime choice for stopping late game split pushing as his teleportation items and his Rearm ability will be canceled by the Greater Bash. Laser will make you miss but bringing a blade mail will counter that.
- Nature's Prophet's Teleportation can be interrupted by Greater Bash, his Sprout is also not very effective as Nether Strike can easily get Spirit Breaker out of the ring of trees as long as he has vision.
- It's generally advised to have Black King Bar by the late game to prevent him from silencing/hexing Bara with Scythe of Vise and Ochid Malevolence
- Shadow Fiend lacks an innate escape mechanism, and thus is vulnerable to Barathum's facerush aggression especially during the laning phase.
- Due to Io's physical position and importance in team fights, Io is a prime target and a charge from Barathrum will often pass through multiple enemy heroes, sowing additional chaos in the battlefield. Io is also squishy and easily killed by Barathrum.
- Sniper is very frail by nature, so a successful charge by Barathrum mostly ends Sniper.
- It can also work the other way around however, since Sniper can Assassinate Barathrum when he tries to run with Charge of darkness, either killing Barathrum or interrupting the charge
- Bounty Hunter
- Legion Commander, Spirit Breaker offers enough stun and quick movement to break up duels
- Bloodseeker's thirst shows enemies with little HP so that Spirit Breaker can kill them, Bloodrage also works well as it enhances the damage dealt to targets, thus making the kill quicker and easier.
- Track enables Spirit Breaker to charge heroes that are outside of the team's field of vision, also granting gold for the rest of the team should the kill occur.
- Bounty Hunter usually scouts areas, hence he can find lone targets for Barathrum to charge at.
- A good Combo when Lifestealer has an Aghanims, consume an ally and infest to Bara. Charge to a lone target Lifestealer Swipes out along with an ally to finish them off.
- Lifestealer's infest is a powerful tool when coupled with Charge of Darkness, seeing as it deals large amounts of damage in an area, after contact with the target Lifestealer can also use his Open Wounds ability to stop them from running away. If Aghanim's Scepter is puchased by Lifestealer, another teammate can join in the fun, causing massive chaos at the target destination.
- Having both Morphling and Lifestealer on the team gives a whole new meaning to the word "Naix bomb". Both getting aghanim's scepter can result in three explosions at the destination.
- Io can teleport itself and another ally to the charged target/targets, making the gank a lot less survivable.
- Phantom Assassin