Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
allows Batrider to gain vision of Monkey King while he is on an tree, as well as destroying any nearby trees, denying Monkey King spots to jump to, or causing him to fall. 's turn rate slow makes it significantly more difficult for Monkey King to jump from tree to tree. and enable Batrider to remove Monkey King out of Wukong's Command. can chop down trees, making it difficult for Monkey King to utilize Tree Dance well. can scout Monkey King when he is perched on top of trees. grants vision of Monkey King, even when he's in the trees. ends Mischief, and reveals Monkey King on the treetops. can catch Monkey King when he retreats to the treeline. provides vision of Monkey King when he's in the trees. The periodic damage will also keep Monkey King from using Tree Dance if he's on the ground. pulls Monkey King out of the trees if he attempts to escape using Tree Dance, and can cause Wukong's Command to end prematurely if Monkey King is Glimpsed out of its radius. and can be used to hold Monkey King in place and ensure a kill. can smash Monkey King out of the Wukong's Command radius, cancelling it even if he has . destroys trees and helps Earth Spirit close the gap between him and Monkey King. keeps Tree Dance on cooldown, and can interrupt Wukong's Command's long cast time. destroys a large amount of trees. and will often push Monkey King out of Wukong's Command. can easily cancel Wukong's Command by pulling Monkey King out of the circle. can grab Monkey King from trees during Tree Dance. allows Queen of Pain to avoid ganks and keep her distance, preventing Monkey King from building up Jingu Mastery. and will hit Monkey King when he is disguised, or on a tree.
- The large AoE and low cooldown also helps Queen of Pain hit the real Monkey King inside of Wukong's Command.
grants vision of Monkey King, even when he's in the trees. maintains vision on Monkey King, and allows Spectre to chase Monkey King into the trees. will still spawn an illusion next to Monkey King while under the effects of Mischief, removing the disguise. keeps vision of Monkey King, even when he's in the trees. locked onto Monkey King and focuses damage on him during Wukong's Command. allows Storm Spirit to easily catch up to Monkey King, destroying a large number of trees, cancelling Tree Dance, and causing Monkey King to be stunned in the process. and can be placed near trees to detect Monkey King.
- Follow up with
to destroy the tree, causing Monkey King to take high damage, fall from the tree, and become stunned.
- Timbersaw's low cooldown and low mana cost abilities destroys the trees that Monkey King depends on.
allows Timbersaw to escape Wukong's Command. grants flying vision over trees, and its wide effect can hit Monkey King and end Mischief. can easily cancel Wukong's Command by swapping him out of the circle.
- Venomancer's many damage-over-time poisons will constantly put Tree Dance on cooldown, greatly diminishing Monkey King's mobility.
and will hit Monkey King when he is perched on a tree, or disguised with Mischief.
- However, Venomancer is also easily ganked by Monkey King if caught by surprise.
- Visage's Familiars have flying vision. They can be used to scout Monkey King when he's in the tree.
can destroy the tree Monkey King is standing on. destroys the tree Monkey King is standing on.
- Monkey King's natural reliance on trees makes him an easy target for
. evades Monkey King's attacks, preventing him from building up Jingu Mastery.
- Heroes that can maintain vision on Monkey King can see when he uses Tree Dance:
, with Eyes In The Forest, ,
- Heroes that can destroy trees will deny Monkey King spots to jump on, or cause him to fall:
- Heroes with wide AoE abilities will reveal Monkey King through Mischief:
, , , , , , ,
will destroy the tree Monkey King is standing on. and its upgrades, and can also chop trees down. can push Monkey King out of Wukong's Command. It can also push a hero to destroy trees in their path, causing Monkey King to fall if he's perched on top. 's damage over time will keep Monkey King from using Tree Dance for the duration if he is hit with it while on the ground. 's burn will reveal Monkey King when he is disguised with Mischief. will keep Tree Dance on cooldown.
- Chen lacks any sort of mobility or disable, allowing Monkey King to gank him effectively.
- Chen's reliance on jungling often puts him near trees, where Monkey King can set up an ambush.
- Monkey King's mobility allows him to get close to Drow Ranger, denying the passive bonus from
- Monkey King can shut down Drow Ranger by ganking her early.
will not protect Nature's Prophet from Monkey King's Tree Dance.
- Boundless Strike will interrupt attempts at
, and can reach Nature's Prophet inside the tree line. is easily interrupted by Boundless Strike, due to its long cast time.
- Shadow Fiend's lack of mobility and escape makes him an easy target to ambush with Primal Spring, especially during laning stage.
- Silencer's low mobility and lack of any stuns or roots makes him an easy target.
- Silence will not protect Silencer from Jingu Mastery's extra damage.
- Skywrath Mage's very low health allows Monkey King to ambush and finish him off quickly.
- Sniper's low mobility and lack of defensive abilities make him an easy ganking target.
- Primal Spring lets Monkey King jump past Sniper's allies and attack him directly.
- Wukong's Command and Boundless Strike will disrupt Sniper's backline positioning during teamfights.
- However, Sniper's long range attacks can often keep Tree Dance on cooldown.
will also reveal Monkey King on top of trees. 's short stun rarely prevents Monkey King from ambushing Witch Doctor. 's long channel is easily interrupted by Boundless Strike.
- Heroes that rely on channeling abilities will be interrupted by Boundless Strike, and forced to take damage from Wukong's Command.
- Heroes that have low health and no escape abilities will have a hard time playing against Monkey King's ambushes and powerful burst damage.
- Heroes that lack burst damage will have a difficult time taking down Monkey King, and fare badly against Jingu Mastery:
, , ,
helps Monkey King gain Jingu Mastery charges quicker. allows Monkey King to land more Jingu Mastery stacks. and Boundless Strike can disrupt the enemy team's positioning. pulls enemies into Wukong's Command. is easier to land on enemies stunned with Boundless Strike. reduces Boundless Strike's long cooldown. and can move enemies into Wukong's Command. greatly increases the damage dealt by the soldiers from Wukong's Command. spawns trees for Monkey King to jump on, and traps enemies inside for Monkey King to initiate on with Primal Spring. 's low-cooldown root allows Monkey King to land Primal Spring, and build up Jingu Mastery. gives Monkey King the time to build up and expend Jingu Mastery stacks, as well as survive for the full duration of Wukong's Command. stuns enemies and prevents them from moving out of Wukong's Command. makes a great setup for Wukong's Command, preventing enemies from escaping. helps Monkey King gain and expend Jingu Mastery stacks very quickly.
- Boundless Strike's long range stun helps some heroes set up their abilities:
, , ,